Micromax subsidiary Yu Televentures has launched its newest flagship smartphone, the Yunicorn. The metal-bodied smartphone has been given an introductory price of Rs. 12,999, and will be initially exclusively available via Flipkart for a month, with registrations opening 2pm Tuesday for the first sale on June 7. After a month, it will be priced at Rs. 14,999.
The phone is being marketed with a focus on software and services, and runs a near-stock Android 5.1 Lollipop being called ‘Android on Steroids’, but with minor tweaks such as a vertical app drawer, and a monochrome mode for reading and extending battery life. The company promises an upgrade to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow within a month from launch.
The smartphone will be available in Rush Silver, Graphite, and Rush Gold colour variants.. The 8.5mm thick smartphone also features a metal frame and rear panel, using a brushed aluminium alloy including magnesium and manganese. It also sports a fingerprint scanner on the home button, which will unlock the smartphone in as little as 0.2 seconds, and stores up to 5 fingerprints on a chip.
The dual-SIM (Nano-SIM, Hybrid) Yu Yunicorn sports a 5.5-inch full-HD (1080×1920 pixel) display with Gorilla Glass 3, and is powered by an octa-core (4 cores at 1.8GHz, and 4 cores at 1.4GHz) MediaTek Helio P10 SoC with support for carrier aggregation, and coupled with 4GB of RAM.
YU YUNICORN Specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display, 1000:1 contrast ratio, 450 cd/m2 brightness
- 1.8GHz Octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 processor with Mali T860 GPU
- 4GBRAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 5P lens, PDAF
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 4P lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 75.4×153.3×8.5 mm; Weight: 172g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, DTS audio
- 4G LTE,WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 4000mAh battery
It comes with a 13-megapixel rear camera with dual-LED flash, and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. It comes with 32GB of storage, which can be expanded via the hybrid dual-SIM microSD card (up to 128GB) slot. It’s powered by a 4000mAh battery rated to deliver up to 20 hours of talk time, and 500 hours of standby time. It also offers fast charging support. Connectivity options on board are pretty standard, and include 4G LTE support.
The Yu Yunicorn will come with Rs. 400 in the Yu Wallet, and the first consultation free on Lybrate. The first flash sale with feature a 10 percent cashback for SBI users.