If you finding a way to update your BQ Aquaris X5 Plus to latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat then you are in right place. We at True Android today going to share a way to update your BQ Aquaris X5 Plus to Android 7.1.2 Nougat. We will use Android 7.1.2 Nougat based LineageOS 14.1 custom firmware for this purpose. All thanks to developer who shared this LineageOS 14.1 ROM with us. Since this build is still under development, you should expect some bugs and FC here and there but overall it going to be a smooth experience. Lets learn how to update BQ Aquaris X5 Plus to Android 7.1.2 Nougat with LineageOS 14.1 custom ROM.
Android 7.1.2 Nougat comes with various useful features including multi-window multitasking, better notification management, faster device with better battery optimization, more human emoji, improved security, instant app and much more. Top of all LineageOS custom ROM comes with various additional features that surely improve your using experience.
This tutorial is only for BQ Aquaris X5 Plus. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we (True Android Team) are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide.
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for BQ Aquaris X5 Plus in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and BQ Aquaris X5 Plus. [Guide].
5. Your device have latest TWRP recovery 3.x or higher installed. [Guide]
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Android 7.1.2 Nougat based LineageOS 14.1 ROM on BQ Aquaris X5 Plus.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
- LineageOS 14.1 ROM For BQ Aquaris X5 Plus [Filename: lineage-14.1-20180920-nightly-gohan-signed.zip]
- Google Apps [Filename: open_gapps-arm-7.1-micro-20161125.zip] or any other Android 7.1.2 Nougat GApps
How to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat based LineageOS 14.1 ROM on BQ Aquaris X5 Plus
- Connect your device to PC using USB cable and then copy downloaded files to the SD card of your device. Important: Don’t extract any files.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your BQ Aquaris X5 Plus.
- Now, boot into recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Up & Power simultaneously. When the phone vibrates, release Power, wait a second, then release Volume Up. You should see recovery menu soon. Alternatively try this: Recovery Mode without Key Combination.
- Create a Backup using TWRP Backup Option.
- Perform a Factory Reset (this will delete all apps and their settings and game progress). To do this, Tap on Wipe, then at the bottom of the screen do a Swipe on the ‘Swipe to factory reset‘ option.
- Now its time to add zip file for flashing. Tap on Install, then browse to the location where you saved the files and tap on the LineageOS 14.1 Zip file. Then tap on Add More Zips, and add open_gapps-arm-7.1-micro-20161125.zip. Now at the bottom of the screen, do a swipe on the Swipe to confirm flash option to begin flashing.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and tap on Reboot and then, tap on System to reboot your BQ Aquaris X5 Plus and boot up into Android 7.1.2 Nougat ROM LineageOS 14.1.
- Returning to Previous ROM: To go back to your previous ROM, boot into recovery, select Backup then through Restore option, restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Congrats! Android 7.1.2 Nougat firmware based custom ROM LineageOS 14.1 is now installed and running on your BQ Aquaris X5 Plus.