Update your BQ Aquaris X5 to latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat OS. This is possible with the help of bloatware free custom ROM LineageOS 14.1. This official LineageOS 14.1 custom firmware is based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat, hence flashing this ROM on your BQ Aquaris X5 using custom recovery (CWM, TWRP etc.) will offer you a Nougat OS experience. Since this LineageOS 14.1 isn’t a final build expect some bugs while running this which eventually going to be fixed as development progress. If you already updated your BQ Aquaris X5 to Android 7.1.2 Nougat, you can still try LineageOS 14.1 to enjoy a very customized using experience. Learn through this article to know require steps to flash or install Android 7.1.2 Nougat based LineageOS 14.1 ROM into BQ Aquaris X5.
Talking about specification, BQ Aquaris X5 is a good entry-level smartphone. It comes with 5.0 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen display that offers 720 x 1280 pixels screen resolution. The smartphone powered up with Qualcomm MSM8916T Snapdragon 412 SoC as well as 2GB/3GB of RAM. It has 16GB and 32GB internal memory variants. BQ Aquaris X5 feature 13MP rear camera and 5MP selfie camera. It equipped with a non-removable 2900 mAh battery and comes with Android 5.1 Lollipop out of the box.
Android 7.1.2 Nougat comes with various useful features including multi-window multitasking, better notification management, faster device with better battery optimization, more human emoji, improved security, instant app and much more. Top of all LineageOS custom ROM comes with various additional features that surely improve your using experience.
This tutorial is only for BQ Aquaris X5. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we (True Android Team) are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide.
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for BQ Aquaris X5 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and BQ Aquaris X5. [Guide].
5. Your device have latest TWRP recovery 3.x or higher installed. [Guide]
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Android 7.1.2 Nougat based LineageOS 14.1 ROM on BQ Aquaris X5.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
- LineageOS 14.1 ROM For BQ Aquaris X5 [Filename: lineage-14.1-20180922-nightly-paella-signed.zip]
- Google Apps [Filename: open_gapps-arm-7.1-micro-20161125.zip] or any other Android 7.1.2 Nougat GApps
How to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat based LineageOS 14.1 ROM on BQ Aquaris X5
- Connect your device to PC using USB cable and then copy downloaded files to the SD card of your device. Important: Don’t extract any files.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your BQ Aquaris X5.
- Now, boot into recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Up & Power simultaneously. When the phone vibrates, release Power, wait a second, then release Volume Up. You should see recovery menu soon. Alternatively try this: Recovery Mode without Key Combination.
- Create a Backup using TWRP Backup Option.
- Perform a Factory Reset (this will delete all apps and their settings and game progress). To do this, Tap on Wipe, then at the bottom of the screen do a Swipe on the ‘Swipe to factory reset‘ option.
- Now its time to add zip file for flashing. Tap on Install, then browse to the location where you saved the files and tap on the LineageOS 14.1 Zip file. Then tap on Add More Zips, and add open_gapps-arm-7.1-micro-20161125.zip. Now at the bottom of the screen, do a swipe on the Swipe to confirm flash option to begin flashing.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and tap on Reboot and then, tap on System to reboot your BQ Aquaris X5 and boot up into Android 7.1.2 Nougat ROM LineageOS 14.1.
- Returning to Previous ROM: To go back to your previous ROM, boot into recovery, select Backup then through Restore option, restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Congrats! Android 7.1.2 Nougat firmware based custom ROM LineageOS 14.1 is now installed and running on your BQ Aquaris X5.