Android 9.0.1 Pie based custom firmware Havoc-OS v2.5 ROM for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 is now available. Android 9.0.1 Pie is the successor of Android 8.0 Oreo. As you know, running latest version of Android offer you several additional functionality along with improved security. The smartphone’s hardware is capable enough to run the latest Android version which is Android 9.0.1 Pie. To update Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 to latest Android 9.0.1 Pie we will use Havoc-OS v2.5 ROM. This Havoc-OS v2.5 ROM is based on Android 9.0.1 Pie AOSP and comes with various customization.
Android 9.0 Pie comes with various new as well as improved features including, new gesture navigation, adaptive battery and brightness, improved security features, new Accessibility menu, new screenshot shortcut, easier screen rotation and many more. If you interested to update your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 to Android 9.0.1 Pie base ROM Havoc-OS v2.5 then continue reading.
- Update Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 to Android 9.0.1 Pie Resurrection Remix v7.0.1 ROM – Tutorial
- Download Android 9.0 Pie Pixel Experience ROM for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 with Guide
Havoc-OS custom ROM comes with various additional customization over regular Android 9.0 Pie AOSP based ROM. That’s why you may likee this feature rich custom ROM. You can find complete list of feature here.
How to Update Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 to Android 9.0.1 Pie via Havoc-OS v2.5
This tutorial is only for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we (True Android Team) are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction is given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide.
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. [Guide].
5. Your device have latest TWRP recovery 3.x or higher installed. You can read this guide: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 : Unlock & Install TWRP Recovery 3.2.3-0 – Easy Tutorial
Note: If you face any flashing error then first update to latest official firmware and then flash the ROM and Gapps.
If you have done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Android 9.0.1 Pie based Havoc-OS v2.5 ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3.
File Required (Download by clicking on it)
- Havoc-OS v2.5 ROM For Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 [Filename: Havoc-OS-v2.5-20190517-kenzo-Official.zip]
- Google Apps [Filename: open_gapps-arm64-9.0.1-pico-20190110.zip] or any other Android 9.0.1 Pie GApps
Once you downloaded all required files, now read on for the tutorial part.
How to Install Android 9.0.1 Pie based Havoc-OS v2.5 ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
Step 1 : Connect your device to PC using the USB cable and then copy downloaded files to the SD card of your device. Important: Don’t extract any files.
Step 2 : Disconnect USB and then turn off your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3.
Step 3 : Boot into recovery mode. To boot into recovery first turn off your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and then press and hold Volume Up and Power button together until the “MI” logo appears on the screen, then release. You can also boot into recovery without key combination.
Step 4 : Create a Backup using TWRP Backup Option.
Step 5 : Perform a Factory Reset (this will delete all apps and their settings and game progress). To do this, Tap on Wipe, then at the bottom of the screen do a Swipe on the ‘Swipe to factory reset‘ option.
Step 6 : Now its time to add zip file for flashing. Tap on Install, then browse to the location where you saved the files and tap on the Havoc-OS v2.5 Zip file. Then tap on Add More Zips, and add Gapps zip. Now at the bottom of the screen, do a swipe on the Swipe to confirm flash option to begin flashing.
Step 7 : When the installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and tap on Reboot and then, tap on System to reboot your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and boot up into Android 9.0.1 Pie ROM Havoc-OS v2.5.
Returning to Previous ROM: To go back to your previous ROM, boot into recovery, select Backup then through Restore option, restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Congrats! Android 9.0.1 Pie firmware based custom ROM Havoc-OS v2.5 is now installed and running on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. You can root this ROM by following our guide: How to Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 with Magisk – Detail Guide