Android 7.1.2 Nougat based LineageOS 14.1 custom firmware for LG G Pad 7.0 is now available. With the help of LineageOS 14.1 ROM, you can update your LG G Pad 7.0 to a well customized Android 7.1.2 Nougat. This may not be the only way to update your device to Android 7.1.2 Nougat but surely a good option to try out. Since this build is still going through development, you should expect bugs and force close here and there but overall it should offer you a smooth experience. If you willing to upgrade your LG G Pad 7.0 using LineageOS 14.1 custom ROM then continue reading this guide to learn easy installation steps.
About the specification, LG G Pad 7.0 is a powerful tablet for daily needs. This tab comes with a 7.0 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen display with a screen resolution of 800 x 1280 pixels. To power the device it has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 Quad-core SoC as well as 1GB of RAM. The tablet available with 16GB internal memory. LG G Pad 7.0 features 5MP rear camera and VGA front shooting camera. The device packed with a non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery and running on Android 4.4.2 KitKat out of the box.
Android 7.1.2 Nougat comes with various useful features including multi-window multitasking, better notification management, faster device with better battery optimization, more human emoji, improved security, instant app and much more. Top of all LineageOS custom ROM comes with various additional features that surely improve your using experience.
This tutorial is only for LG G Pad 7.0. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we (True Android Team) are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction, given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide.
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for LG G Pad 7.0 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and LG G Pad 7.0. [Guide].
5. Your device have latest TWRP recovery 3.x or higher installed. [Guide]
If you did everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Android 7.1.2 Nougat based LineageOS 14.1 ROM on LG G Pad 7.0.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
- LineageOS 14.1 ROM For LG G Pad 7.0 (WiFi) [Filename: lineage-14.1-20180930-nightly-v400-signed.zip]
- LineageOS 14.1 ROM For LG G Pad 7.0 (LTE) [Filename: lineage-14.1-20180930-nightly-v410-signed.zip]
- Google Apps [Filename: open_gapps-arm-7.1-micro-20161125.zip] or any other Android 7.1.2 Nougat GApps
How to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat based LineageOS 14.1 ROM on LG G Pad 7.0
- Connect your device to PC using the USB cable and then copy downloaded files to the SD card of your device. Important: Don’t extract any files.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your LG G Pad 7.0.
- Now, boot into recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down & Power simultaneously until LG logo appears, release both buttons and then hold them again. You should see the recovery menu soon. Alternatively try this: Recovery Mode without Key Combination.
- Create a Backup using TWRP Backup Option.
- Perform a Factory Reset (this will delete all apps and their settings and game progress). To do this, Tap on Wipe, then at the bottom of the screen do a Swipe on the ‘Swipe to factory reset‘ option.
- Now its time to add zip file for flashing. Tap on Install, then browse to the location where you saved the files and tap on the LineageOS 14.1 Zip file. Then tap on Add More Zips, and add open_gapps-arm-7.1-micro-20161125.zip. Now at the bottom of the screen, do a swipe on the Swipe to confirm flash option to begin flashing.
- When the installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and tap on Reboot and then, tap on System to reboot your LG G Pad 7.0 and boot up into Android 7.1.2 Nougat ROM LineageOS 14.1.
- Returning to Previous ROM: To go back to your previous ROM, boot into recovery, select Backup then through Restore option, restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Congrats! Android 7.1.2 Nougat firmware based custom ROM LineageOS 14.1 is now installed and running on your LG G Pad 7.0.