If you are a BQ Aquaris X Pro user and willing to try out some customized version of Android then here is a good news. Most awaited official LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM is now available for BQ Aquaris X Pro. If you don’t know then LineageOS 15.1 is build using Android 8.1 Oreo as a base and have a lot of customization that we once saw on CyanogenMod ROM. That means you not going to lose your existing Android 8.1 Oreo experience but going to have some more customization.
Though the official Android 8.1 Oreo firmware by Google is live but if you are someone who willing to have little more customize platform on your device can check out LineageOS 15.1. You won’t regret for sure. However, since this build is still under development and becoming better day by day, you may find some bugs and force close here and there which will eventually get fixed in next update. If you interested to update your BQ Aquaris X Pro to Android 8.1 Oreo base ROM LineageOS 15.1 then continue reading.
Android 8.1 Oreo comes with various useful features including multi-window multitasking, better notification management, faster device with better battery optimization, more human emoji, improved security, instant app and much more. Top of all LineageOS custom ROM comes with various additional features that surely improve your using experience.
This tutorial is only for BQ Aquaris X Pro. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we (True Android Team) are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide.
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for BQ Aquaris X Pro in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and BQ Aquaris X Pro. [Guide].
5. Your device have latest TWRP recovery 3.x or higher installed. [Guide]
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Android 8.1 Oreo based LineageOS 15.1 ROM on BQ Aquaris X Pro.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
- LineageOS 15.1 ROM For BQ Aquaris X Pro [Filename: lineage-15.1-20180924-nightly-bardockpro-signed.zip]*
- Google Apps [Filename: open_gapps-arm64-8.1-micro-20180923.zip] or any other Android 8.1 Oreo GApps
* You should always download latest available ROM file.
How to Install Android 8.1 Oreo based LineageOS 15.1 ROM on BQ Aquaris X Pro
- Connect your device to PC using USB cable and then copy downloaded files to the SD card of your device. Important: Don’t extract any files.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your BQ Aquaris X Pro.
- Boot into recovery mode. Press and hold Volume Up + Power key together. You should see recovery screen now. Alternatively try this: Recovery Mode without Key Combination.
- Create a Backup using TWRP Backup Option.
- Perform a Factory Reset (this will delete all apps and their settings and game progress). To do this, Tap on Wipe, then at the bottom of the screen do a Swipe on the ‘Swipe to factory reset‘ option.
- Now its time to add zip file for flashing. Tap on Install, then browse to the location where you saved the files and tap on the LineageOS 15.1 Zip file. Then tap on Add More Zips, and add open_gapps-arm64-8.1-micro-20180923.zip. Now at the bottom of the screen, do a swipe on the Swipe to confirm flash option to begin flashing.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and tap on Reboot and then, tap on System to reboot your BQ Aquaris X Pro and boot up into Android 8.1 Oreo ROM LineageOS 15.1.
- Returning to Previous ROM: To go back to your previous ROM, boot into recovery, select Backup then through Restore option, restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Congrats! Android 8.1 Oreo firmware based custom ROM LineageOS 15.1 is now installed and running on your BQ Aquaris X Pro. Let us know your using experience in comment.