Android 7.0 Nougat based AOSP custom firmware for ASUS MeMO Pad is now available. With the help of AOSP ROM you can update your ASUS MeMO Pad to a well customized Android 7.0 Nougat. This may not be only way to update your device to Android 7.0 Nougat but surely a good option to try out. Since this is an early build, you should expect bugs and force close here and there but overall it should offer you a smooth experience. This new ROM is shared by developer yattodettaman. If you willing to upgrade your ASUS MeMO Pad using AOSP custom ROM then continue reading this guide to learn easy installation steps. During this tutorial you will also learn how to flash TWRP recovery aka custom recovery on your ASUS MeMO Pad.
Android 7.0 Nougat comes with various useful features including multi-window multitasking, better notification management, faster device with better battery optimization, more human emoji, improved security, instant app and much more.
This tutorial is only for ASUS MeMO Pad. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we (True Android Team) are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide.
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for ASUS MeMO Pad in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and ASUS MeMO Pad. [Guide].
5. Your device have ADB installed. [Guide]
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Android 7.0 Nougat based AOSP ROM on ASUS MeMO Pad.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
- AOSP ROM For ASUS MeMO Pad [Filename: me302kl_aosp_v7_0.zip]
- TWRP Recovery [Filename: ME302KL_TWRP-184.108.40.206-M_by_SevenMaxs.zip]
- Google Apps [Filename: open_gapps-arm-7.0-nano-20161005.zip]
- SuperSU [Filename: SuperSU-v2.78-201609011115.zip]
How to Install TWRP Recovery 220.127.116.11 on ASUS MeMO Pad
- Extract the recoevry zip and you will get recovery.img.
- Connect your device to PC using USB cable and then copy recovery.img file to the SD card of your device.
- Now run the following command to install TWRP recovery in your ASUS MeMO Pad:
adb shell su dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p25
How to Install Android 7.0 Nougat on ASUS MeMO Pad
- Connect your device to PC using USB cable and then copy rest of the downloaded files to the SD card of your device. Important: Don’t extract any files.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your ASUS MeMO Pad.
- Now, boot into recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down and Power button together until you see ‘ASUS’ logo on your screen. You should see recovery menu soon. Alternatively try this: Recovery Mode without Key Combination.
- Create a Backup using TWRP Backup Option.
- Perform a Factory Reset (this will delete all apps and their settings and game progress). To do this, Tap on Wipe, then at the bottom of the screen do a Swipe on the ‘Swipe to factory reset‘ option.
- Now its time to add zip file for flashing. Tap on Install, then browse to the location where you saved the files and tap on the AOSP Zip file. Then tap on Add More Zips, and add open_gapps-arm-7.0-nano-20161005.zip and again add SuperSU-v2.78-201609011115.zip. Now at the bottom of the screen, do a swipe on the Swipe to confirm flash option to begin flashing.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and tap on Reboot and then, tap on System to reboot your ASUS MeMO Pad and boot up into Android 7.0 Nougat ROM AOSP.
- Returning to Previous ROM: To go back to your previous ROM, boot into recovery, select Backup then through Restore option, restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Congrats! Android 7.0 Nougat firmware based custom ROM AOSP is now installed and running on your ASUS MeMO Pad. [via]