This is an easy guide on how to install TWRP Recovery on Nexus 5. Nexus 5 launched recently and as expected developer started to try their skill on it. As a result we now have a working latest TWRP recovery available for Nexus 5. By installing a custom recovery such as TWRP Recovery, you are in good place to flash custom ROMs, MODs and themes via recovery. The TWRP Recovery version shared in this article is the latest which is TWRP Recovery v126.96.36.199.
TWRP Recovery offer you few additional benefits over stock recovery including Nandroid backup (creating system image that you can restore later to fix soft brick), allow you to flash ROMs and MODs, can clean delvik cache and lot more.
The good thing about this article is, instead of manual installation we will use a one click installer that let you install the package without much code work.
Warning: This tutorial is educational purpose only. Neither True Android nor any developer responsible if your brick your device while following this tutorial. Use the information at your own risk.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide.
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Percentage on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Nexus 5 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Nexus 5. [Guide].
5. Your phone’s bootloader is unlocked. [read: how to unlock Nexus 5 bootloader]
How To Install TWRP Recovery On Nexus 5
- Download Nexus 5 TWRP Recovery installer and extract it on your computer.
- Now double click on 1-click-twrp-recovery-installer.bat which will open a command prompt window. Follow onscreen instruction to install TWRP Recovery on Nexus 5 within few minutes.
- Once the TWRP Recovery installation process done, your Nexus 5 will reboot automatically.
That’s it! You just installed TWRP Recovery v188.8.131.52 on Nexus 5.
- How to Root Nexus 5 – Easy Method
- Install CWM Recovery v184.108.40.206 on Nexus 5
How To Boot into Recovery on Nexus 5
Once you flashed the TWRP Recovery successfully, the next thing you want is to boot into recovery. To do so, turn off your smartphone first then press hold ‘Volume Down + Power’ button together to boot into bootloader/fastboot mode. Now navigate to ‘Recovery mode’ using Volume Up and Down buttons and select ‘Recovery mode’ by pressing Power button. Your phone should boot into TWRP Recovery. [via XDA]