Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C recently updated to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow officially. Though before that there are tons of custom ROM available that could do the same (update Galaxy Note 5 from Android 5.1.1 Lollipop to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow) but many of us prefer to stay with stock ROM with various additional customization. That’s why XDA developer Ather decided to share well customized version of N920CXXU2BPD6 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow stock firmware dubbed as Note5 Family ROM. The most exciting part of this customization probably is – its completely Knox free, pre-rooted and Galaxy S7 Edge Panel is available (by flashing additional small file). If all this excite you then continue reading this article to learn the steps to flash customized rooted N920CXXU2BPD6 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware on Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C.
- Root N920CXXU2BPD6 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware for Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C
- N920CXXU2BPD6 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Firmware Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C – How To Guide
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C Latest Stock Firmware Download + Guide
Some of the cool Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow features that you will enjoy are improved Quick Settings panel, HD voice calling, native dual-SIM support, Revamped Screen Pinning, improved Device protection that stopping thieves from factory resetting your phone, improved Volume and Interruptions sliders and many more.
[tabs slidertype=”images”] [imagetab width=”600″ height=”400″]https://trueandroid.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Note5-Family-ROM-Screenshot-1.jpg[/imagetab] [imagetab width=”600″ height=”400″]https://trueandroid.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Note5-Family-ROM-Screenshot-2.jpg[/imagetab] [imagetab width=”600″ height=”400″]https://trueandroid.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Note5-Family-ROM-Screenshot-3.jpg[/imagetab] [/tabs]
- Based on N920CXXU2BPD6 Firmware
- Added Once and Always option in Open With
- Deodexed all Apps
- Rooted with SuperSU 2.74
- Auto Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache and Format System
- System Optimization
- Tweaks in Build.prop
- Removed Knox
- Removed Social Apps
- Removed Microsoft Apps
- Added More System Fonts
- Removed Safe Volume Warning
- Ad Away
- Faster Gps
- Fix Private Mode with Knox 0x1
- Exit option in Browser
- Enable Camera During Call
- Enable Copy To Dialer
- SMS Time As Server
- Disable MMS Conversion
- Call Recording
- Camera Shutter Sound Menu
- Reboot Menu
- Statusbar with 3Minit Battery
- All Apps in Multiwindow
- Tap Statusbar Clock to screen-off (hold to power menu)
- Added V4A+Dolby Atmos
- Language Enabler by wanam
- Enabled Multi User
- Data Usage on Quick Panel
- Added Outdoor Mode
- Ultra Data Saving in Smart Manager
- Rounded Notifications
- Rounded recent panel view
- Remove gray status bar when activated PowerSaveMode.
- Change Window Animation to 0.25
- Made Non-Removable Notifications, Removable again
- Enable Black list in Stock Message settings
- Enable Save/Restore in Stock Message
- Add only LTE mode in Network selection menue in Settings
- S7 Edge Apps/Panels as a seperate Flashabke Zip
[box type=”warning”] Warning:
This tutorial is only for Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we (True Android Team) are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.[/box]
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide.
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Percentage on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C. [Guide].
5. Your device have latest TWRP recovery installed. [General Guide]
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install N920CXXU2BPD6 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow based Note5 Family ROM on Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
- Note5 Family ROM For Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C [Filename: FamilyROM_v1.0.zip ] | Gdrive Mirror
- S7 Edge Panels [Filename: screen+S7edge+for+Family+v1.0+by+ksr007.zip]
- GoogyMax Kernel [Filename: Googy-Max-N5_Kernel_1.3.zip]
How to Install N920CXXU2BPD6 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow based Note5 Family ROM on Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C
- Connect your device to PC using USB cable and then copy downloaded files to the SD card of your device. Important: Don’t extract any files.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C.
- Now, boot into recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power button together until Samsung logo flash twice and then release Power button. You should see recovery menu soon. Alternatively try this: Recovery Mode without Key Combination.
- Create a Backup using TWRP Backup Option.
- Perform a Factory Reset (this will delete all apps and their settings and game progress). To do this, Tap on Wipe, then at the bottom of the screen do a Swipe on the ‘Swipe to factory reset‘ option.
- Now its time to add zip file for flashing. Tap on Install, then browse to the location where you saved the files and tap on the FamilyROM_v1.0.zip file. Then tap on Add More Zips, and add screen+S7edge+for+Family+v1.0+by+ksr007.zip then add Googy-Max-N5_Kernel_1.3.zip. Now at the bottom of the screen, do a swipe on the Swipe to confirm flash option to begin flashing.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and tap on Reboot and then, tap on System to reboot your Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C and boot up into N920CXXU2BPD6 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow based Note5 Family ROM.
- Returning to Previous ROM: To go back to your previous ROM, boot into recovery, select Backup then through Restore option, restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Congrats! N920CXXU2BPD6 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow based Note5 Family ROM is now installed and running on your Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C. [via]