An easy to follow root guide for Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 that running on official Android 4.4.2 KitKat is now available at True Android. If you want to enjoy those apps that available in Play Store with [Root] in suffix or prefix then you must first root your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900. Root comes with various benefits including ability to access and modify system files, allow overclocking CPU or GPU and many more. To learn more benefits of rooting read this: Benefits of Rooting Android Devices.
Related: Install XXUDNA6 Android 4.4.2 JB Firmware on Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 – How To Guide
If you recently updated your Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 to XXUDNA6 Android 4.4.2 KitKat then you probably want to get back root again to continue enjoying root only apps. The root tutorial we given below is good for both new and fresh firmware and very easy to follow. To root Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 that running on official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware, we’ll first install TWRP recovery 18.104.22.168 and then flash SuperSU Zip using custom recovery.
Warning: This tutorial is only for Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure. Rooting also void your manufacturer warranty.
Though rooting usually not harmful for internal memory data but we recommend to back up your data first before proceeding to avoid any uncomfortable situation such as bootloop fix.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide.
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Percentage on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900. [Guide].
If you done what we stated above then you good to go for installing ClockworkMod recovery 22.214.171.124 on Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 and then root it using custom recovery.
How To Root Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware On Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 Manually
- Download Odin v3.09, openrecovery-twrp-126.96.36.199-ha3g.img.tar and UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.91.zip.
- Copy only UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.91.zip to your Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 SD card.
- Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.09.exe along with few other files.
- Power off your Android device. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put the Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 in Download Mode by pressing and holding down the Home & Volume Down button together while pressing the Power button. A warning screen will come up; press Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
- Now run Odin3 v3.09.exe (see Step 3) as an Administrator because Admin privileges is required to complete the process smoothly (only applicable Windows Vista and higher).
- Now connect your device to your PC using USB cable. An “Added!!” massage will appear in Odin’s message box. If you don’t get the same then you should try another USB port (try USB port located in back in your desktop PC). If that too don’t work then you should reinstall the driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” message in Odin then you are ready to go in next step. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.
- Click the AP Button, and select that openrecovery-twrp-188.8.131.52-ha3g.img.tar file that you downloaded earlier.
- In Odin window, make sure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected.
- Double check everything that we mentioned in Step 8 & Step 9 above. Now, once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once flashing completed, your Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 will reboot. After the phone resets (it vibrates) IMMEDIATELY hold volume up and home buttons to boot into recovery mode. You can operate TWRP recovery using touch.
- Tap on Install, then browse to the location where you saved the files and tap on the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.91.zip file. Now at the bottom of the screen, do a swipe on the Swipe to confirm flash option to begin flashing. The rooting process will begin.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and tap on Reboot and then, tap on System to reboot your Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900.
Congrats! You just rooted your Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 running on official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware. To confirm if you successfully rooted your Android device or not install an app called “Root Checker” which is available for free from Google PLAY store. You can now visit this Best Apps For Rooted Android Devices (Android Phones & Tablets) or try flashing a new ROM since you have TWRP recovery installed. We already covered few ROMs for Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900, search those using Search box by typing your device model.