Today, in this guide I will help you to install latest TWRP Recovery (3.2.1-0) on your LG G3 S. Having a custom recovery on your phone means, you can flash Magisk or SuperSu zip and root it, you can install a custom ROMs, kernels and mods as well as do various task that a stock recovery never going to offer. Since TWRP recovery is a touch base recovery, the GUI interface is easy to use. Continue reading this article to learn how to install latest TWRP recovery (3.2.1-0) on LG G3 S.
How To Unlock and Install TWRP Recovery On LG G3 S
WARNING: Though flashing custom recovery don’t usually erase phone data! However, as a precaution, before proceeding, ensure the data you would like to retain is backed up to your PC and/or your Google account, or equivalent. We (TrueAndroid Team) are not responsible if anything happen to your device while following this tutorial.
Advantage of TWRP Recovery
- A touch based interface.
- Can flash custom ROMs, Mods and kernels.
- Can wipe Dalvic /ART Cache.
- Allow you to access and use phone memory when you are in recovery.
- You can install Xposed Modules.
- You can root your device using root zip file (magisk, supersu etc.)
- Flashing a custom kernel may help you to overclock or underclock your SoC.
- Can factory reset your device.
- You can remove all bloatware by flashing proper bloatware removal zip.
- You can take a full system backup (Nandroid) and later restore it.
- Make sure your computer has working adb and fastboot. Setup instructions can be found here.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. [Tutorial]
- Proper USB driver is installed. [Download]
- A rooted LG G3 S. [Tutorial]
How To Install TWRP Recovery 3.2.1-0 on LG G3 S
- Download TWRP.
- Once done, connect your device to your PC using a USB cable.
- Now on your computer open a command prompt (on Windows) or terminal (on Linux or macOS) window. Then copy TWRP file to your phone SD Card using adb command: adb push twrp-x.x.x-x-jag3gds.img /sdcard/twrp-jag3gds.img [Note: Replace TWRP file name with your downloaded file name]
- Now enter adb shell with following command: adb shell .
- Finally, type following command one by one:
dd if=/sdcard/twrp-jag3gds.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
Tip: To boot into recovery first turn off your LG G3 S and then press and hold Volume Down and Power button together.
That’s it! You now have an unlocked LG G3 S with latest supported TWRP Recovery installed.