Today, in this article I will guide you to unlock Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro and install latest TWRP recovery (3.2.1-0) on it. Unlocking your smartphone/tablet is the first step to extract the complete juice of your device hardware. Once Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro is unlocked, you can then easily install custom recovery such as TWRP recovery, can root it using Magisk or SuperSu. After root access, you can perform various system related task which otherwise isn’t possible.
How To Unlock and Install TWRP Recovery On Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro
WARNING: Unlocking the bootloader will erase all data on your device! Before proceeding, ensure the data you would like to retain is backed up to your PC and/or your Google account, or equivalent. We (TrueAndroid Team) are not responsible if anything happen to your device while following this tutorial.
Advantage of TWRP Recovery
- A touch based interface.
- Can flash custom ROMs, Mods and kernels.
- Can wipe Dalvic /ART Cache.
- Allow you to access and use phone memory when you are in recovery.
- You can install Xposed Modules.
- You can root your device using root zip file (magisk, supersu etc.)
- Flashing a custom kernel may help you to overclock or underclock your SoC.
- Can factory reset your device.
- You can remove all bloatware by flashing proper bloatware removal zip.
- You can take a full system backup (Nandroid) and later restore it.
- Make sure your computer has working adb and fastboot. Setup instructions can be found here.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. [Tutorial]
- Proper USB driver is installed. [Download]
How To Unlock Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro
Follow this guide to unlock Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro.
Once unlocking process is completed, you can then follow below steps to install TWRP Recovery.
How To Install TWRP Recovery 3.2.1-0 on Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro
- Download TWRP.
- Once done, connect your device to your PC using a USB cable.
- Now on your computer open a command prompt (on Windows) or terminal (on Linux or macOS) window, and type: adb reboot bootloader . You can also boot your Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro to fastboot mode by doing following: First turn off the phone then press Volume Down + Volume Up and connect the USB cable. A small green Android logo appears at the center of the screen.
- To confirm the device is connected in fastboot mode or not, type: fastboot devices.
- Once confirmed, type the following command to flash TWRP Recovery: fastboot flash recovery twrp-x.x.x-x-K920.img. [Note: Replace TWRP file name with your downloaded file name]
- The device should automatically reboot, if not then reboot it manually.
Tip: To boot into recovery first turn off your Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro and then press and hold Volume Up and Volume Down button together. Then press and hold the Power button until the “Lenovo” logo appears.
That’s it! You now have an unlocked Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro with latest supported TWRP Recovery installed.