Today, in this guide I will help you to install latest TWRP Recovery (3.1.0-0) on your Lenovo A6000. Having a custom recovery on your phone means, you can flash Magisk or SuperSu zip and root it, you can install a custom ROMs, kernels and mods as well as do various task that a stock recovery never going to offer. Since TWRP recovery is a touch base recovery, the GUI interface is easy to use. Continue reading this article to learn how to install latest TWRP recovery (3.1.0-0) on Lenovo A6000.
Note: You can flash the same recovery on Lenovo A6000 Plus.
How To Unlock and Install TWRP Recovery On Lenovo A6000
WARNING: Though flashing custom recovery don’t usually erase phone data! However, as a precaution, before proceeding, ensure the data you would like to retain is backed up to your PC and/or your Google account, or equivalent. We (TrueAndroid Team) are not responsible if anything happen to your device while following this tutorial.
Advantage of TWRP Recovery
- A touch based interface.
- Can flash custom ROMs, Mods and kernels.
- Can wipe Dalvic /ART Cache.
- Allow you to access and use phone memory when you are in recovery.
- You can install Xposed Modules.
- You can root your device using root zip file (magisk, supersu etc.)
- Flashing a custom kernel may help you to overclock or underclock your SoC.
- Can factory reset your device.
- You can remove all bloatware by flashing proper bloatware removal zip.
- You can take a full system backup (Nandroid) and later restore it.
- Make sure your computer has working adb and fastboot. Setup instructions can be found here.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. [Tutorial]
- Proper USB driver is installed. [Download]
- Make sure your device running on latest firmware.
How To Install TWRP Recovery 3.1.0-0 on Lenovo A6000
- Download TWRP.
- Once done, connect your device to your PC using a USB cable.
- Now on your computer open a command prompt (on Windows) or terminal (on Linux or macOS) window, and type: adb reboot bootloader . You can also boot your Lenovo A6000 to fastboot mode using key combination. To do so, first turn off your device then hold Volume Down + Power.
- To confirm the device is connected in fastboot mode or not, type: fastboot devices.
- Once confirmed, type the following command to flash TWRP Recovery: fastboot flash recovery twrp-x.x.x-x-a6000.img. [Note: Replace TWRP file name with your downloaded file name]
- The device should automatically reboot, if not then reboot it manually.
Tip: To boot into recovery first turn off your Lenovo A6000 and then press and hold Volume Down, Volume Up and Power button together.
That’s it! You now have an unlocked Lenovo A6000 with latest supported TWRP Recovery installed.