You probably already knew that custom ROM based on Android 4.4 KitKat required latest ClockworkMod Recovery 184.108.40.206 or higher version. We already write about few Android 4.4 KitKat ROM for Asus Transformer Prime TF700T, that’s why we decided to write an installation process of CWM Recovery 220.127.116.11 on Asus Transformer Prime TF700T. We already wrote a tutorial on ClockworkMod Recovery 18.104.22.168 and this time we come with an official and improved version of ClockworkMod Recovery [read: Latest ClockworkMod Recovery 22.214.171.124 For Asus Transformer Prime TF700T].
If you don’t know then, stock recovery comes with various limitation including lack of backup and flashing a custom firmware ability. On the other hand custom recovery such as CWM recovery allow you to do various task including ability to flash custom ROMs and other signed zip, backup and restore whole system, can clear Dalvik cache, can fix permission and many more. The latest ClockworkMod Recovery 126.96.36.199 also comes with various added features. Here is a list of features that added to latest ClockworkMod Recovery 188.8.131.52.
- Update Asus Transformer Prime TF700T To Android 4.4.2 KitKat via CM11 Nightly–How To
- Install Android 4.4 KitKat Asus Transformer Prime TF700T via Omni ROM
- Kit Kat compatibility
- Prevent scroll drifting in swipe recovery
- minui: Allow devices to blank/unblank using LCD backlight
- verifier: update to support certificates using SHA-256
- Start healthd in recovery
- copy logs to cache more aggressively
- fix adb secure in recovery
- fix mounting vold managed partitions
- menu fixes
- Add option: quick install from last location
- cleanup code
- allow clean reboots
- Do data/media checks first in format_device()
- Add support for performance control
- Define paths for recovery settings files in a separate header
- Adjust font size for tf700t 240dpi
- su: Update for latest su daemon compatibility
- install: Support downgrade scenarios
- install: Fix possible overflow condition in the updater “scanner”
- correctly mount tmpfs as /tmp in recovery
- Use cat for adb backup
- Fix up bu restore
- New mount/format capabilities function for Mounts menu
- Enable perf mode only in tar(.gz) compress/extract wrappers
- Do not use performance mode during package install
- Fix mkfs.f2fs calling in roots
- Fix recovery reboot command by adding the init sys.powerctl property
This tutorial is only for Asus Transformer Prime TF700T. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide. [Optional]
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Percentage on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Asus Transformer Prime TF700T in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Asus Transformer Prime TF700T. [Guide].
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install ClockworkMod Recovery 184.108.40.206 on Asus Transformer Prime TF700T.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
- ClockworkMod Recovery 220.127.116.11 For Asus Transformer Prime TF700T [Filename: recovery-kk-6047.img]
How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery 18.104.22.168 on Asus Transformer Prime TF700T
- Download and place both the files on the Desktop of your PC.
- Extract files from the Fastboot archive to your Desktop.
- Now, turn OFF your Asus Transformer Prime TF700T tablet.
- Reboot your tablet into the bootloader mode. To do so, while your tablet is turned OFF, press and hold Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
- Time to connect your tablet to the PC using the USB cable.
- Now go to Fastboot folder and then open command prompt from that location. To do so, press and hold the Shift button on your keyboard and right-click on any empty area on the screen, then choose Open command window here option.
- Now perform following command at given sequence:
- fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash flash recovery recovery-kk-6047.img
- fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot
Congrats ! You have successfully installed the ClockworkMod Recovery 22.214.171.124 on Asus Transformer Prime TF700T and you are now free to test latest Android 4.4 KitKat based ROMs as well as old ROMs on your Asus Transformer Prime TF700T. [via XDA]