You probably already knew that custom ROM based on Android 4.4 KitKat required latest ClockworkMod Recovery 126.96.36.199 or higher version. We soon going to cover Android 4.4 KitKat ROM for Asus Transformer Prime TF700T, that’s why we decided to write an installation process of CWM Recovery 188.8.131.52 on Asus Transformer Prime TF700T.
If you don’t know then, stock recovery comes with various limitation including lack of backup and flashing a custom firmware ability. On the other hand custom recovery such as CWM recovery allow you to do various task including ability to flash custom ROMs and other signed zip, backup and restore whole system, can clear Dalvik cache, can fix permission and many more. The latest ClockworkMod Recovery 184.108.40.206 also comes with various added features. Here is a list of features that added to latest ClockworkMod Recovery 220.127.116.11.
Latest Version Update:
- Update Asus Transformer Prime TF700T To Android 4.4.2 KitKat via CM11 Nightly–How To
- Install Android 4.4 KitKat Asus Transformer Prime TF700T via Omni ROM
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean PAC-man ROM For Asus Transformer Prime TF700T – How To -Tutorial
- Dedup’d backups (Saves lots of space)
- Faster backups (Incremental)
- New Background
- More responsive UI
- New animations
- JB compatibility
- Fixes for the 32G and 64G versions of the tf700
- adb sideload
- Stability fixes
- minadbd: remove unnecessary header files.
- Store CWM Recovery Version and Device
- Remove HAVE_SELINUX guards
- Store CWM Recovery Version Number
- Fix segfault with dead symlinks
- Blocked cached Google Music files from nandroid
- Pass the correct pointer to munmap on failure.
- add optional overscan compensation to recovery graphics
- adb: handle adbd auth in recovery mode
- UI text corrections
- Fix use of TARGET_USE_CUSTOM_LUN_FILE_PATH
- Add support for TARGET_USE_CUSTOM_LUN_FILE_PATH
- recovery: add transparency to error images
- Add JB-MR2 support (4.3)
- Add minivold support
- Fix EMMC/data corruption bug
- Enable USB mount externally for /datamedia devices
- Support and installation of adb keys once
- Support for compressed backups
- Support F2FS partition format
- Fix adb sideload
- Fix formatting f2fs from edify scripts
- Allow sideload command to be used in conjunction with other commands
- Make “one confirm” the default action
- Enable optional swipe based touch controls
- adb keys support
This tutorial is only for Asus Transformer Prime TF700T. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide. [Optional]
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Percentage on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Asus Transformer Prime TF700T in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Asus Transformer Prime TF700T. [Guide].
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install ClockworkMod Recovery 18.104.22.168 on Asus Transformer Prime TF700T.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
- ClockworkMod Recovery 22.214.171.124 For Asus Transformer Prime TF700T [Filename: recovery-jb-644.img]
How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery 126.96.36.199 on Asus Transformer Prime TF700T
- Download and place both the files on the Desktop of your PC.
- Extract files from the Fastboot archive to your Desktop.
- Now, turn OFF your Asus Transformer Prime TF700T tablet.
- Reboot your tablet into the bootloader mode. To do so, while your tablet is turned OFF, press and hold Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
- Time to connect your tablet to the PC using the USB cable.
- Now go to Fastboot folder and then open command prompt from that location. To do so, press and hold the Shift button on your keyboard and right-click on any empty area on the screen, then choose Open command window here option.
- Now perform following command at given sequence:
- fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery recovery-jb-644.img
- fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot
Congrats ! You have successfully installed the ClockworkMod Recovery 188.8.131.52 on Asus Transformer Prime TF700T and you are now free to test latest Android 4.4 KitKat based ROMs as well as old ROMs on your Asus Transformer Prime TF700T. [via XDA]