Earlier we share how to install TWRP and root Xperia Z3 using it and now we going to share another popular custom recovery ClockworkMod Recovery 184.108.40.206. This is an unofficial build and all thanks to developer DooMLoRD (donate) who shared this CWM-Based Recovery 220.127.116.11 for Xperia Z3. If you want to flash a custom ROM or MOD or anything that required a custom recovery then you can try out CWM 18.104.22.168.
There are few catch comes with this version of CWM-Based Recovery 22.214.171.124. It only works with Xperia Z3 D66XX variant [ e.g. D6653, D6603 and D6633] variant when device bootloader is unlocked.
In this tutorial, you also learn how to root Xperia Z3 [D66XX].
Key Features Of This Build:
- standard CWM recovery 126.96.36.199!
- init.d startup script support inbuilt!
- kernel is insecure (ro.secure=0)
- disabled kernel level RIC
- adb debugging is enabled by default in OS
This tutorial is only for Xperia Z3. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we (True Android Team) are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Though installing TWRP recovery don’t erase internal memory data but we recommend to back up your data first before proceeding to avoid any uncomfortable situation.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide.
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Percentage on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Xperia Z3 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Xperia Z3. [Guide].
5. You already setup fastboot in your computer. [Fastboot Setup Guide]
6. Your device must running on Official 4.4.4 KitKat firmare [23.0.A.2.93 – v01] or ROM based on that firmware.
Once you done everything, you need to follow below method to install CWM-Based Recovery 188.8.131.52 for Xperia Z3.
Step 1: Copy latest SuperSU [UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.40.zip] package to internal storage.
Step 2: Boot into fastboot mode. To do so, Power off > hold vol up button + connect USB cable = blue LED indicator on
Step 3: Execute fastboot command prompt : fastboot flash boot boot.img and after that fastboot reboot.
Step 4: Now turn off your device completely. Then turn on your device and during booting press vol up / vol down repetitively until booting into recovery
Step 5: Flash latest SuperSU zip package. To do so, tap on Install, then browse to the location where you saved the files and tap on the SuperSU Zip file. Now at the bottom of the screen, do a swipe on the Swipe to confirm flash option to begin flashing.
Here is the file that you require to flash via fastboot:
Advance Stock Kernel with CWM Recovery v01 (FW: 23.0.A.2.93)
Enjoy your rooted Xperia Z3 with custom recovery CWM-Based Recovery 184.108.40.206 installed. [source]