We already shared KitKat compatible custom recovery TWRP Recovery 18.104.22.168 for Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 as well as ClockworkMod Recovery 22.214.171.124 Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. Since we now received a flashable version of ClockworkMod Recovery 126.96.36.199 for Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, we though it will be good idea to write a small tutorial on it. This is a touch version of ClockworkMod Recovery 188.8.131.52 for Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 and can only be flashed using a custom recovery such as TWRP or CWM. We yet to have an Odin flashable tar file. Those who know how to flash zip file via recovery, jump to download section to download the zip file.Related Readings:
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat VanirAOSP ROM For Galaxy S3 I9300 – How To
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat MoKee ROM For Galaxy S3 I9300–How To
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat Cyanfox ROM For Galaxy S3 I9300 – How To
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat SlimKat ROM For Galaxy S3 I9300 – Weekly Build – How To
If you don’t know then, stock recovery comes with various limitation including lack of backup and flashing a custom firmware ability. On the other hand custom recovery such as CWM recovery allow you to do various task including ability to flash custom ROMs and other signed zip, backup and restore whole system, can clear Dalvik cache, can fix permission and many more. The latest ClockworkMod Recovery 184.108.40.206 also comes with various added features. Here is a list of features that added to latest ClockworkMod Recovery 220.127.116.11.
All thanks to 75markus@XDA for sharing this file with us.
This tutorial is only for Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we (True Android Team) are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
1. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Percentage on your Android device to check it easily.
2. You already have USB Driver Installed for Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
3. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. [Guide].
4. Must have CWM recovery [Guide] or TWRP recovery [Guide] installed.
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install ClockworkMod Recovery 18.104.22.168 on Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
- ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 22.214.171.124 for Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 [Filename: CWM_126.96.36.199.flashable.zip]
How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery 188.8.131.52 on Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
- Connect your device to PC using USB cable and then copy downloaded files to the SD card of your device. Important: Don’t extract any files.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.
- Now, Boot into recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power button together and you should see recovery menu soon. In recovery use Volume Keys to navigate between option and Power button to select an option. Alternatively try this: Recovery Mode without Key Combination.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then locate the CWM_184.108.40.206.flashable.zip file that you copied earlier in Step 1 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The installation will begin.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot your Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. Once booted, go back to recovery to check out latest ClockworkMod Recovery Touch 220.127.116.11.
Congrats! You just installed latest ClockworkMod Recovery 18.104.22.168 (touch) on Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. To boot into recovery, turn your device off then press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power button for few seconds and soon you will see the ClockworkMod Recovery 22.214.171.124 screen.