You can now update Motorola DROID RAZR HD XT926 to latest and customized Android 4.4.2 KitKat with the help of custom firmware MoKee. Since pure AOSP ROM don’t come with much customization, having a custom ROM like MoKee is a good idea indeed. MoKee is based on latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat and build using CM11 source. The MoKee custom ROM is now support Motorola DROID RAZR HD XT926. You can download and install custom firmware MoKee on your Motorola DROID RAZR HD XT926. Since, Motorola DROID RAZR HD XT926 is capable enough to run Android 4.4.2 KitKat smoothly, MoKee going to be a great experience for you. Apart from attractive look, other key features of this Android 4.4.2 KitKat based ROM are Native exFAT support (Samsung devices only), ListView animations, Multi window, Calendar - with lunar and solar calenders, Lunar calendar in lock screen, SMS sending delay and Numerous other options hiding throughout the build. To learn how to flash this ROM, continue reading this guide to know how to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat based MoKee custom ROM on Motorola DROID RAZR HD XT926.
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Carbon ROM For Motorola DROID RAZR HD XT926–How To
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat SlimKat ROM For Motorola DROID RAZR HD XT926 - Weekly Build - How To
- Update Motorola DROID RAZR HD XT926 To Android 4.4.2 KitKat via CM11 Nightly–How To
- Update Motorola DROID RAZR HD XT926 To Android 4.4.1 KitKat via CM11 Nightly–How To
Some of the cool Android 4.4.2 KitKat features that you will enjoy is Screen Recording, Tap to Pay (Google Wallet for everyone), NFC emulation for non nfc devices, 14% less memory usage, cloud printing from Gallery, Google Home is the new Launcher, Core System Processes Trimmed, apps are efficient and responsive on all devices, the all new 'procstats tool details' memory use, Full-screen Immersive mode, seamless change in resolution during media playback, Phone dialer got local business detection, redesigned Quickoffice and many more.
MoKee 4.4.2 Key Features:
- Odexed for faster performance (only in official releases, nightlies are deodexed)
- Incremental updates
- OTA updates - update on the fly!
- Native exFAT support (Samsung devices only)
- ListView animations
- Multi window
- Calendar - with lunar and solar calenders
- Lunar calendar in lock screen
- Task switching sidebar in recent apps (the list will increase if you install supported apps)
- Bulk SMS recipients
- Adjustable SMS font size
- SMS sending delay
- Smart dialing
- Speed dialing
- IP dialing
- Custom carrier name
- Network speed in status bar
- Ad-Hoc peer-to-peer network connection - Use MoKee's built-in kernel, otherwise the function is not available
- Built in timer in Apollo - determine when to stop playing music
- MoKee NotePad
- MoKee Setup Wizard
- Active Display
Coming Soon Features:
- PIE control
- Auto hide status bar
- Adjustable navigation bar height
- Custom transparency for status bar and navigation bar
- CRT animation switch
- Smart capture
As said already, this is a test build and you should expect some bugs in it. All bugs and issues expected to be fixed as development progress towards a better build.
This tutorial is only for Motorola DROID RAZR HD XT926. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide.
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Motorola DROID RAZR HD XT926 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Motorola DROID RAZR HD XT926. [Guide].
5. Your device have latest CWM version 188.8.131.52 and up or latest TWRP recovery installed. [Guide]
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat based MoKee ROM on Motorola DROID RAZR HD XT926.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
- MoKee For Motorola DROID RAZR HD XT926 [Filename: MK44.2-xt926-201312310940-NIGHTLY.zip]
- Google Apps [Filename: CyanFox-Gapps-2013-12-15.zip] or any other 4.4 KitKat Gapps
How to Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat based MoKee ROM on Motorola DROID RAZR HD XT926
- Connect your device to PC using USB cable and then copy downloaded files to the SD card of your device. Important: Don’t extract any files.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your Motorola DROID RAZR HD XT926.
- Now, boot into recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down & Power simultaneously. In recovery use Volume buttons to navigate through options and Power button to select an option. Alternatively try this: Recovery Mode without Key Combination.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM that you can restore later if this new ROM not work or you want to go back into your previous ROM. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Now, perform data wiping task. To do so, select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm your action. Wait few minutes till the data wipe is complete. Now come back to CWM recovery main menu. Select wipe cache partition and after wiping process done, select Wipe Dalvik Cache under advance option to perform Dalvik cache wiping.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Now, locate the MoKee Zip file that you copied earlier in Step 1 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 6 but choose the CyanFox-Gapps-2013-12-15.zip file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot your Motorola DROID RAZR HD XT926 and boot up into Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM MoKee.
- Returning to Previous ROM: To go back to your previous ROM, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Congrats! Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware based custom ROM MoKee is now installed and running on your Motorola DROID RAZR HD XT926. [Note: Root is turned off by default in CM derived ROMs, you must enable developer settings first (tap the build number 8 times under about device), then enable root under Developer Settings].